Vision & Ethos
Terra Nova School’s motto is Labor et Ludus; which translates as Work and Play.
To create a forward thinking internationally minded environment that allows everyone to grow, explore, thrive and question.
- First and foremost, in every decision we make, students come first
- All members of our community are encouraged to have a Growth Mindset
- Success is not a given; it is down to hard work and effort – we thrive on challenge
- We each have a role to play in the world in which we live
- We respect the right to be an individual. Diversity is a strength
- We have an obligation to appreciate our education
- We have high expectations of each other
- Reflection allows us to continually move forward; standing still is not an option
The School is justifiably proud of its highly successful past but will also be dynamic and forward looking. It will produce outstanding characters equipped for the challenges of their future education. Children at Terra Nova School will have a clear sense of where they are, where they would like to go and how they are going to get there.
It is extremely important that all who work at Terra Nova are aware of our vision and believe in the guiding principles. In this way each employee can see how their job contributes to the overall purpose and their responsibility for the marketing of the School at all times.