Our Vision and Ethos
Terra Nova School’s motto is Labor et Ludus which translates as Work and Play.
To create a forward thinking internationally minded environment that allows everyone to grow, explore, thrive and question.
- First and foremost, in every decision we make, students come first
- All members of our community are encouraged to have a Growth Mindset
- Success is not a given; it is down to hard work and effort – we thrive on challenge
- We each have a role to play in the world in which we live
- We respect the right to be an individual. Diversity is a strength
- We have an obligation to appreciate our education
- We have high expectations of each other
- Reflection allows us to continually move forward; standing still is not an option
The School is justifiably proud of its highly successful past but will also be dynamic and forward looking. It will produce outstanding characters equipped for the challenges of their future education. Children at Terra Nova School will have a clear sense of where they are, where they would like to go, and how they are going to get there.
It is extremely important that all who work at Terra Nova are aware of our vision and believe in the guiding principles. In this way each employee can see how their job contributes to the overall purpose and their responsibility for the marketing of the School at all times.
Individual attention and personalised learning tailored to each and every pupil, leading to inspirational outcomes.
A proud heritage steeped in traditional values with a thoroughly modern approach and delivery.
2½ to 13 years
Seamless transition, specialist teaching, leadership opportunities, all-round nurture and outstanding pastoral care.
Makerspace, The Hub, 32 Acres, Shooting Range, Swimming Pool. Stunning facilities in a beautiful environment.
French, Spanish, German and Latin, taught by experts in the knowledge and understanding of second language learning.
Terra Nova's Nursery pupils ventured to the main school playing fields this morning to have fun in the...read more
The Reception class attend dance lessons every Wednesday for half an hour. They start by warming up and then practice a special dance routine for the song. The children follow instructions well and have created a brilliant dance routine. Click here to see an example...read more
Team Terra Nova arrived to a glorious day at Shrewsbury School. In their 1st match, the boys showed early signs of great determination and teamwork beating Old Hall with a comfortable lead. Jack L impressed the referees early into the tournament and received the 1st...read more